PROLOGUE TIME TRIAL
Climb? Fast? Climb Fast? Do you have what it takes?
The Mountain Prologue Time Trial is a true test of character. The 5 mile TT course features 1100 foot elevation gain, including the climb of "Alpe de Gannett", a gut-wrenching climb at any speed of 800 feet in less than a mile. The mountaintop finish is reminiscent of the TDF climbs (L'Alpe D'Huez, Col de la Tourmalet, etc). Riders will be able to test themselves, but also shoot for the course record of with a 19:28.9, established in 2008 by our 5-time undefeated champion Cheyne Hoag. See how last years victims/participants, fared in past tours [timing provided by Yellow Jacket Training. Our thanks to David and Ellen Boutillier]
These are the 2013 Individual TT Results
and Age Group TT Results.
Important Notes :
- THE RIDE IS HELD FRIDAY before the Highlander Tours Saturday, at 5PM
- IF YOU REGISTER FOR ANY OTHER HIGHLANDER TOUR RIDE, YOUR REGISTRATION FEE FOR THE TIME TRIAL IS WAIVED - BUT YOU STILL MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TT EVENTS.
- Pre-registration only - no registration accepted on the day of the event
- Riders will be sent at 30 second intervals
- 1st rider starts at 5PM
- All riders wait at mountaintop finish until last rider is finished - then the group will descend together (prevents riding downhill into riders, traffic)
- Time Trial Awards (and wine tasting) at Arbor Hill Grapery (in the Hamlet of Bristol Springs, on route 64, 2 miles south of Bristol Mountain) at 7:00PM